Thursday, June 24, 2010

It Takes a Village (stress part 2)

The saying is that it takes a village to raise a child....but what do you do if there is no village?!? In our case, there really isn't one. Both sets of grandparents are gone & the closest relative is my sis who is 1/2 hr away and has 4 kids of her own! We're a 1 income family so getting sitters isn't always an option even if we could find one who would sit for 3 kids: 1 infant, 1 princess, and 1 kid w/ an asd. Hubby does pest control & is on the road every day. His schedule varies & he doesn't know what time he'll be getting done till part way through the day @ best! Makes it hard to plan anything during the week that's for sure! So pretty much the village is ME!!! You can see how I get so stressed sometimes. The computer is my only real adult conversation/interaction throughout the day, except for the occasional trip to ShopRite or Wal-Mart. Hubby wonders why the house is a mess....b/c I'd go INSANE if I didn't have some sort of feedback during the day. You see, I am a very social person: talk to everyone, had jobs where I was very people-centered. I don't think I could go back to work at this point: I'd miss too much of the baby's development & what I'd make would barely cover day-care (so not worth it).....but I miss people, having friends. Mommy burn out is close. Hopefully I can find a way to recharge the ol' battery soon!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, I hunk work is my only saving grace! I hink blogging and networking with other moms out there helps soooo much.

    ReplyDelete